Atari have this morning released the first gameplay footage for and details about the upcoming theme park simulation / management game RollerCoaster Tycoon World.
The trailer above focuses mainly on first-person roller coaster rides, in the process showing the variety of other rides and buildings that will be available in the game. The video describes RollerCoaster Tycoon World as a game where the "sky's the limit", due to having "unlimited rides", "unlimited buildings", and "unlimited cotton candy".
A new Steam listing for the game offers further information:
- Innovative Track Builder: Create the coolest and wildest coasters imaginable with our best track editor ever!
- First-Time 3D Builder: For the first time, tracks can be fully manipulated in 3D.
- Full Selection of Pre-Built Park Assets: Design your very own park with a plethora of choices of various rides, attractions, shops, decorations and more. Personalize your park by selecting different preset locations to build the ultimate theme park. Additionally, Custom Scenery will be available as a free update post launch.
- Ride Your Coasters: Climb aboard and ride your coasters using multiple camera angles, including first-person view.
- Online and Single Player Modes: Play online with friends or other players by creating and saving new parks in the cloud and joining a theme park company; you can also play on your own in single player mode.
- Run a Theme Park Company: Team-up with friends to create and run a theme park company and compete with others worldwide while earning rewards and climbing the global leaderboards.
- Play with Friends: See the progress of your friend’s parks when connected through Steam or Facebook and watch them grow. Invite them to join your company and trade coaster designs!
- Visit Other Parks: Enter and navigate other parks created by friends, and ride and rate their coasters and overall park.
- Deformable Terrain: Bringing back a classic feature – the terrain will be completely deformable allowing players to build amazing rides and change the landscape as they do so in full 3D.
- Steam Trading Cards: Collect, trade or sell Steam Trading Cards.
- Full Park Management: Oversee different aspects of running a park to satisfy your park attendees and maximize your sales.
RollerCoaster Tycoon World is planned for a mid-2015 release on Steam. PC is the only confimed platform at this stage.