[UPDATE] Fallout 4: Game of the Year Edition Announced, More Pip-Boy Editions Coming Too

Update, [11/08/2017, 14:26]: Bethesda has confirmed that Fallout 4: Game of the Year Edition will be hitting our shores on September 26 for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC. However, the Pip-Boy edition will not be seeing another run in the Oceania region.

Original story follows.

Publisher and developer Bethesda has will release Fallout 4: Game of the Year Edition on September 26. The copy will include 2015’s open-world RPG, and all associated expansion packs too.

That means you’ll get the base game, and the story/item DLCs: Nuka-World, Valut-Tec Workshop, Contraptions Workshop, Far Harbor, Wasteland Workshop, and Automatron.

What’s more, the company also announced another run of the Pip-Boy Edition. A “limited number” will be available at select North American retailers. The peripheral allowed users to wear the device on their wrist, and insert their smartphone into it. From there, they could control their menus in-game via a Pip-Boy app.

New Zealand pricing and availability for either of these products is currently unknown. We’ll update this article when we hear more.

Source: GameSpot, Polygon

Relevant Articles

Comments Comments (13)

Posted by kniteowl
On Friday 11 Aug 2017 8:56 AM
I hope they updated the pipboy to work with those of us who have phablets. Couldn't use it with my Plus sized iPhone :( so sold it on...

Posted by Xaphriel
On Friday 11 Aug 2017 8:58 AM
Was wondering when this'd drop. Can't help feeling it's a bit late, been 2 years since release. Don't GotYs usually come along sooner?

Posted by tuftsdude
On Friday 11 Aug 2017 9:29 AM
I still haven't played Fallout 3 which I bought years ago...

Posted by Ryzlin
On Friday 11 Aug 2017 9:36 AM
Well, now I'm glad I sold my Pipboy earlier this year. Interesting choice to launch a goty this late though. On sale fallout 4 goes as low as $28 brand new. Adding on the (excellent) dlc isn't going to get a lot of people buying it I don't think.

Posted by Ryzlin
On Friday 11 Aug 2017 9:43 AM
11 August 2017, 09:36 AM Reply to Ryzlin
Not even on sale fallout 4 is $39.99 now. And the PS Store has the season pass on sale for less than $45....

Posted by SpawnSeekSlay
On Friday 11 Aug 2017 1:03 PM
Ah just the reason I didnt buy it on release... knew it would have a tonne of DLC... knew a GOTY edition will come so wait it out... and here it is in all its glory, now just a little more time and wait for it to be on sale for $40-50... then it shall be mine :D

Posted by sakuraba
On Friday 11 Aug 2017 1:48 PM
Yay was waiting for this!

Posted by Dvst8u
On Friday 11 Aug 2017 3:01 PM
11 August 2017, 01:03 PM Reply to SpawnSeekSlay
Yup. My thoughts exactly.

Posted by cortez72
On Friday 11 Aug 2017 3:44 PM
I've got an unopened copy of Fallout4 at home, and I'm thinking to flick it off in favour of the game of the year edition. I've had it since launch and never played it.

Posted by kniteowl
On Friday 11 Aug 2017 5:23 PM
11 August 2017, 03:44 PM Reply to cortez72
Same I've got my steelbook edition from the pipboy edition... bought the DLC already though... and yet there it sits in my gaming collection... waiting for the day I win lotto and can stay home and game all I want.

Posted by drunk_monk
On Friday 11 Aug 2017 7:27 PM
It should the the game of a year edition.

Posted by RKO_NZ
On Sunday 13 Aug 2017 11:22 AM
Excellent, I missed out on the...............one second............. I'll finish this comment later, another settlement needs my help;

Posted by Dvst8u