The Weekend Chat: Whose E3 Conference Impressed You the Most?

Another E3 has come to and end. Publishers put all their games on the table to see who had the best hand.

So this week, we ask you:

Whose E3 conference impressed you the most?

Was it Microsoft and with the Xbox One X and their slew of multi-platform reveals? Was it Sony with their non-stop footage? Was it Nintendo with their surprise announcements? Or was it even one of the third-party publishers?

Let us know in the comments below!

Sponsored by Yoobee School of Design

The Weekend Chat is brought to you by Yoobee School of Design.

For more information, visit www.yoobee.ac.nz

Relevant Articles

Comments Comments (16)

Posted by FreddlePopGameS
On Friday 16 Jun 2017 4:32 PM
Bethesda and Ubisofts were strong. Xbox One X is promising. I thought Sony's was a bit flat and predictable. Nintendo's was pretty solid. Mario Odyssey looks amazing and Metroid Prime 4, though just an announcement, is pretty reassuring from Nintendo that they will deliver on it.

Posted by Paorio
On Friday 16 Jun 2017 4:39 PM
Devolver Digital was by far the best conference

Posted by ThatUndeadLegacy
On Friday 16 Jun 2017 4:41 PM
16 June 2017, 04:32 PM Reply to FreddlePopGameS
Bethesda's was sh*t, a short conference with 1 min 30 secs of new games that aren't even new ips. and they tried to sneak in paid modding without anybody noticing, oh and that cringe worthy kid's cartoon.

Yeah Sony's was just boring, Microsoft "won" that. Never bothered watching nintendos, never watched Ubisoft's but everyone says it was really good, (i can't wait to see how they f**k it up) :D

Posted by ChieftaiNZ
On Friday 16 Jun 2017 4:48 PM
16 June 2017, 04:32 PM Reply to FreddlePopGameS
Bethesda's was forty minutes long.
It showed off Skyrim on the switch, just to remind everyone that they are still pushing skyrim instead of making TESVI.
They showed two new Sequels. (TBH Wolfenstein looks awesome)
And talked about paid modding. It was the WORST conference during E3.

Posted by 163Battery
On Friday 16 Jun 2017 5:08 PM
I didn't actually watch any of them but thought there was plenty of good stuff from everyone from the articles on here I have seem in the past few days. I see a lot of people talk about who 'won' E3 in previous years. Who 'won' this year?

Posted by Coddfish
On Friday 16 Jun 2017 5:44 PM
Ubisoft by a long shot. Good variety, lots of new stuff, interesting presentation. I liked the way they brought developers on stage to talk about their stuff, instead of just falling back on marketing folks and "influencers". And then the topped it all off with Beyond Good and Evil 2 - perfect.

Microsoft was alright, but they mostly showed me stuff I'm looking forward to playing on PlayStation. Which was good, because the PlayStation one was a mess; a bunch of boring trailers for boring-looking games that we already know about. I usually look forward to the PlayStation conference the most because you can usually count on them to have a good range of indie stuff and Japanese stuff, but not this year. The worst part was that they took their most interesting announcements – Tropico 6, Super Hot PSVR, Undertale, new Ni no Kuni 2 trailer – and stuffed them in the "pre-show".

I didn't watch Bethesda or EA, but it doesn't seem like I missed much. Wolfenstein II was about the only thing of note from Beth and I can't even remember what EA had aside from the usual nonsense EA Sports/Battlefield nonsense.

And Nintendo, well... I'm glad they announced Metroid Prime 4, but they kinda undermined that with their Metroid 2 remake which just looks all kinds of awful. Aside from those, they had nothing particularly interesting.

Posted by Paorio
On Friday 16 Jun 2017 6:38 PM
16 June 2017, 04:48 PM Reply to ChieftaiNZ
Bethesda's was forty minutes long.
They showed two new Sequels. (TBH Wolfenstein looks awesome)
And talked about paid modding. It was the WORST conference during E3.
I mean for a company that's just now really expanding they showed what they're working on and did it in a nice package, what did you actually expect from them? They've shown with their conferences that they don't want to show people any games that aren't close to being released, sure they're pushing Skyrim waaaaaaaaay too much but that doesn't mean they aren't working on TESVI or anything else.

Posted by drunk_monk
On Friday 16 Jun 2017 7:04 PM
16 June 2017, 05:44 PM Reply to Coddfish

I was surprised Sony put those in a pre-show too. I wasn't expecting the stream to kick in until the advertised time, so when I started it up early, I expected to see a PS logo, was gutted I may have missed more.

I only caught the MS and Sony ones. It was cool to see the XBoneX, and they had some good new stuff, didnt care about seeing the new car on stage. Sony's let me down as I hoped to see more, but was overjoyed for Horizon story DLC and to get a good look at Spiderman and God of War.

All in all I still got my enjoyment factor, have some stuff to look forward too, but neither really stood out as winners like Sony last year. Wooo Ori sequel coming though, and despite many not being os keen, Lucky's tale has piqued my interest,

Posted by ThatUndeadLegacy
On Friday 16 Jun 2017 10:24 PM
16 June 2017, 07:04 PM Reply to drunk_monk

God of war isn't coming till 2018, and a lot of people said Sony's stream had issues.

Posted by ptys
On Friday 16 Jun 2017 11:38 PM
Ubisoft and without Aisha Tyler, crazy!.. Most impressive game was that 2D blade runner thing at Xbox, looked incredible.

Posted by drunk_monk
On Saturday 17 Jun 2017 7:32 AM
16 June 2017, 10:24 PM Reply to ThatUndeadLegacy
And? A lot of stuff at E3 isn't coming out this year, that's normal.

Posted by SpawnSeekSlay
On Saturday 17 Jun 2017 2:57 PM
No ones conference particularly stood out for me.
The only few nice surprises for me personally were new IP Anthem, and Skyrim VR (though would have preferred a new ES teaser because we know its coming)
Disappointments were nothing new on Red Dead Redemption 2, Last of Us 2 or anything from FromSoftware...

Posted by jmduknz
On Saturday 17 Jun 2017 8:31 PM
Mixed bag for me. Nintendo had the most pop in terms of things i'll play soon. PS conference was good but not much new (that being said god of war looks awesome). The others were interesting but meh.

Posted by Mongrel_Rob
On Monday 19 Jun 2017 3:22 PM
Microsoft's was great due to the unveiling of the Xbox One X, and Ubisoft really put on a good show too. Though overall this E3 was kind of mediocre.

Posted by Kyimo
On Monday 19 Jun 2017 6:43 PM
they were all average really, Ubisoft stands out the most tho.

Xbox showed nothing that got me wanting one of the new consoles that i couldn't get on PC or PS4

and it was about time for Sony to hit the flatline in terms of stuff they could show, they've been pumping out some amazing stuff over the lat few years. so expected to to go flat soonish

Posted by Outlaw213
On Tuesday 20 Jun 2017 2:49 PM
E3 overall was pretty disappointing this year - there are some great games to look forward to but just not this year.